Pages

Anxiously Awaiting...

Monday, June 18, 2012

Coming Tomorrow! This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

“We eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner to the soundtrack of our own impending death.” 


So tomorrow, Tuesday June 19, 2012 This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers will be released and I am excited! This book has already been added to my list of books to be purchased on my next book buying binge—which cannot come soon enough. I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but this is like one is as sweet as a caramel covered snickers, yes the cover is most certainly bomb diggity. When I saw it, I was immediately drawn to it like a moth to the light. Then I read the following synopsis on the Barnes and Noble site:
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually want to live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?
Ok so the synopsis had my all giddy with excitement. And right when I thought I could not want this book anymore I looked down and noticed that there was an excerpt. I thought what the hell, I’ll go ahead and give it a read. I did and…I was hooked. I definitely recommend reading the Barnes and Noble excerpt, it's short and doesn't reveal much at all.

See if you get as hooked as I did: Read the BN Excerpt!
You can also read the first chapter in Courtney Summers's website. Read the first Chapter!
I already expect great things from this novel. I mean zombies and psychological turmoil? How can you miss! There is certainly a great deal of potential here. I have not read any of Courtney Summers's other novels but I figure one about the zombie apocalypse is a good place to start.

A Little About  Courtney Summers:

She lives and writes in Canada, where she divides her time between a piano, a camera, and a word-processing program when she’s not planning for the impending zombie apocalypse.
Other Novels by Courtney Summers:

Ps. please visit tomorrow to read my review of the first two books of the Matched Series by Ally Condie!

Plus dont forget about the Crush Tourney!!!
Nominate your favorite Y.A. hotties!!!

For more information scroll down and look at my last blog post,
or better yet,

Remeber! NOMINATIONS CLOSE JUNE 19TH AT MIDNIGHT (CENTRAL TIME). That's Tomorrow! And don't forget to follow the rules, you wouldn't want your nominations to be deleted!!! 

Note: Last Year's Winner Jace Wayland/Lightwood/etc cannot be one of your 10 nominees.
And yes, you can still apply to be a character advocate! YA Crush Tourney 2.0- Advocate Sign Up! (ends June 19th).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share--a confession perhaps--or just want to let me know what you think? Leave a comment! I love to hear from you! If you are a new follower say so and leave your link so I can follow you back! Thanks for stoping by!