Pages

Anxiously Awaiting...

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #11: Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School Series #1) by Gail Carriger

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This “Waiting on Wednesday” post is about:

Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School Series #1) by Gail Carriger

Publication date: February 5, 2013

Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School Series #1)

Goodreads

Synopsis:

It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.


First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.

What's it doing on my WoW?

Again I am forced to blame you. YOU! Every time I visit one of your WoWs I end up adding to my list of books…and for that I love you!  I want this book because you guys keep sharing awesome books that I simply have to read: this is one of them. When I read the synopsis to this book, I knew I had found the brochure for the school I will be attending in the near future. I am working on my application. You see, I aspire to kick ass. I want to run around just kicking ass. I want to be Jason Bourne, running around rooftops and, well, just plain kick ass! Have I made myself clear? Good! I am very excited about this book, I think it will kick ass. I have never read anything by Gail Carriger, but just on the synopsis, I have high hopes. When the time comes, I will devour this book!

What book(s) are you hungry for?

Please link your WoW, I want to see what you are waiting for!

If you leave a comment I will reply and visit your blog ASAP, and if you follow, I will follow you back. I promise!

Thank you so very much for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. WOW is bad for the TBR pile! I've noticed this on a ton as well and it has made me want to read it! I love spies and espionage! Sounds kind of like the Gallagher Girls which I love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spies and espionage are fun to read about! I am hoping I can get a few pointers from this book..,
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower of yours! =]
    I haven't heard of this one, and thanks to you I'm adding it to my list! lol
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and for following! I will of course follow you back! I will go see what is on your WoW and probably add it to my list too!

      Delete
  3. I've seen this one around quite a bit lately! I'm not sure if I will read it or not but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go see your WoW! Thank you for stoping by!

      Delete
  4. I've seen this one around a lot and I love the cover. I'm not as excited about the story but it definitely sounds interesting. I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. You are going to hate me after this but..... I totes got a a sample of this book at NY Comic Con this weekend! It sounds so so great!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I don't hate you, well not much. That's what Comic Con is for! I hope you had a blast and I hope you got a TON of free stuff!!!

      Delete
    2. HAHA just wait until you see my vlog. It is a bit scary, I am in full fangirl mode. Sadly I did not get Requiem, although I did ask if they had it and they didnt. Then I asked someone else there, just to make sure they werent lying, and still no go. =[

      Delete

Have something to share--a confession perhaps--or just want to let me know what you think? Leave a comment! I love to hear from you! If you are a new follower say so and leave your link so I can follow you back! Thanks for stoping by!