Pages

Anxiously Awaiting...

Monday, July 30, 2012

Book Review: Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout


 Synopsis from Goodreads:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck

My Rating: 5 of 5 stars false

Ok, if you read my review of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Obsidian, you know that I was incredibly excited to read Half-Blood. I loved Obsidian and I was hoping that Half-Blood would help ease my Obsdian withdrawals. After reading Half-Blood, I am happy to say I am officially a Jennifer L. Armentrout super fan. I freaking loved it.

Let us start by admiring that beautiful cover. It sure is purrddyy!

Now I would like to discuss the story. Right from the first sentence things start out being awesome. The pacing of this novel is very good. It is exciting and it keeps you hooked. There was never a dull moment. I like that this is an original spin on Greek mythology. It changes the idea of demi-gods and creates a new and interesting world. It jumps off mythology and takes off into it's own territory. I like the action and the way the story progresses. Nothing feels forced including the romance. There is no insta love or shallow attractions that are attempted to be passed on as true love.

The protagonist and narrator, Alex is a fun, likable, and strong character. I really liked her. She is able to provide the humor that really makes the story enjoyable. Plus, she can kick ass. She is a great character and a worthy protagonist. I want to be best friends with her.

descriptionThe rest of the characters are interesting and believable as well. There is one in particular I feel needs a moment of appreciation: Aiden St. Delphi. He is just plain awesome! I love him! I really, really do! Words cannot describe the intensity of my devotion! Seriously, Jennifer L. Armentrout should start a Guy Factory because she sure knows how to make em!! How can I even attempt to describe Aiden St. Delphi!? Hmmm...I need a minute to gather my thoughts...*blushes and faints*

Oh my, I think my brain got overheated!
Aiden has quickly risen through the ranks of my Hall of Book Boyfriends. Rumors have it that he is one of the most favored...I will neither confirm nor deny said rumor...but yes he is one of my favorites! He hangs out with Four (Divergent Series), Will (The Infernal Devices Series), Jace (The Mortal Instruments Series), and Daemon (Lux Series). I am happy to say that Aiden made it past the first round of the Y.A. Sisterhood's Crush Tourney. Aiden is one of the sweetest, strongest, hottest, awesomest, hottest, handsomest, sexiest, book dudes out there. He is the entire package! If he were real, he would need to have a restraining order with my name on it...not that he would enforce it, that would make our honeymoon a wee bit awkward...

Jennifer ArmentroutI want to take a moment to let my psychologist know that I am completely aware that Aiden is a fictional character...I am also aware that Aiden is pure perfection!!!!!!! But seriously, I have a firm grip on reality! No need to worry about me. On an entirely different note, if anyone knows where I can contact a wizard that can help me bring Aiden to life, please email me or leave a comment below. Thank you.

Seriously though, you cannot go wrong with Aiden. Everytime I think about him, I faceplant the floor. His hotness is overwhelming...I find myself waiting for him to show up, shirtless, and ready to show me how to kick ass...he would rush in and take me into his strong, muscular arms and tw... oops, there I go again typing every thought that pops into my head. Sorry.
Now back to Half-Blood. This book is officially one of my favorites. It is entertaining, funny, exciting, and AWESOME!! Reading this book made my happy.

description

When I finished it, I felt like I had just made a life changing discovery. I wish I could unread it and read it again. It was just such a fun read!!!!!!!! Trust me you have to read this book! Jennifer L. Armentrout knows how to write an entertaining and fun novel. Her way of writing makes you feel like you know the characters and it makes you feel like you are having fun hanging out with them; she makes you worry when your friends are in danger; and she makes you swoon whenever the hot guys (AIDEN!!) appear. I needs me some more of this Covenant series.
Now if you excuse me, I am off to read the sequel, Pure.



I've used this once before (see Obsidian review), but I need to use it again because it is truer now than it was the last time:


I love you Jennifer L. Armentrout, I really do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share--a confession perhaps--or just want to let me know what you think? Leave a comment! I love to hear from you! If you are a new follower say so and leave your link so I can follow you back! Thanks for stoping by!