Pages

Anxiously Awaiting...

Monday, August 20, 2012

Music to My Books: A “Bookish Music Monday” Post

“Bookish Music Monday” is a new, weekly meme hosted by Parafantasy. To join, find a song that has lyrics or a music video that reminds you of a book or that you like to listen to while you read.

Today the Song is “No Light, No Light” by Florence and the Machine and the book is Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.

Why does “No Light, No Light” remind me of Clockwork Angel?

The lyrics. Especially the “bright blue eyes” part. Every time I hear this song I picture Will Herondale and his beautiful stormy blue eyes. Plus, I think the lyrics of this song capture the complicated relationship Tessa and Will develop throughout the CA.

Lyrics from azlyrics:

"No Light, No Light"

I have included the video, though it doesn’t particularly remind me of “Clockwork Angel.” I just thought you might like to have a listen!

You are the hole in my head
You are the space in my bed
You are the silence in between what I thought
And what I said
You are the night time fear
You are the morning when it's clear
When it's over you'll start
You're my head
You're my heart


No light, no light in your bright blue eyes
I never knew daylight could be so violentClockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Series #1)
A revelation in the light of day
You can't choose what stays and what fades away
And I'd do anything to make you stay
No light, no light
No light
Tell me what you want me to say


Through the crowd, I was crying out
And in your place there were a thousand other faces
I was disappearing in plain sight
Heaven help me, I need to make it right


You want a revelation,
You wanna get it right
But, it's a conversation,
I just can't have tonight
You want a revelation
Some kind of resolution
You want a revelation


No light, no light in your bright blue eyes
I never knew daylight could be so violent
A revelation in the light of day,
You can't choose what stays and what fades away
And I'd do anything to make you stay
No light, no light
No light
Tell me what you want me to say
Would you leave me,
If I told you what I've done?
And would you need me,
If I told you what I've become?
'cause it's so easy,
To say it to a crowd
But it's so hard, my love,
To say it to you out loud


No light, no light in your bright blue eyes
I never knew daylight could be so violent
A revelation in the light of day,
You can't choose what stays and what fades away
And I'd do anything to make you stay
No light, no light
No light
Tell me what you want me to say
You want a revelation,
You wanna get it right
But, it's a conversation,
I just can't have tonight
You want a revelation
Some kind of resolution
You want a revelation
You want a revelation,
You wanna get it right
But, it's a conversation,
I just can't have tonight
You want a revelation, some kind of resolution
Tell me what you want me to say.

I <3 Florence and the Machine

I <3 Clockwork Angel

Together they make the perfect combination!

I want to know what your bookish music is. Please share by leaving a comment and/or link!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This really is the perfect combination.
    I've added this song to my playlist.

    My bookish music is anything by Fyleaf. They're an amazing band with music perfect for most of my YA novels.

    New follower! :)

    - Ezzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! Thanks for starting this meme! I have only heard three songs by Flyleaf (Chasm, Arise, and Again and yes I love all three!)and that is because Veronica Roth put them on her Divergent playlist, which I love! I will listen to more of their songs! Yay for more bookish music! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh yeah, at the end of the new edition of "Divergent" Veronica Roth had the lyrics to Arise. Then later I found out that she had their songs on her playlists. I love the song so I'm happy more book readers are listening to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share--a confession perhaps--or just want to let me know what you think? Leave a comment! I love to hear from you! If you are a new follower say so and leave your link so I can follow you back! Thanks for stoping by!